Summary of Role :
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Engineer/Business Operations Planner to be a part of a Business Operations (Cost control & Analytics) team engaged in advanced technology at GLOBALFOUNDRIES' state of the art 300mm wafer fab (Fab 8) located in Malta, NY.
Essential Responsibilities :
Qualifications Required Qualifications :
- Coordinate with Engineering modules to review daily financial/ manufacturing goals and priorities, project statuses and timelines
- Plan and schedule fab activities with significant throughput and cost impact including new tool installations, line flushing, warm and cold tool idling, planned shutdowns, etc.
- Co-ordinate chemical forecast needs and demands from Facilities with Procurement
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors requesting quotes for one-time and repeating purchases, identify best known methods and implement in conjunction with the Engineering module/ modules
- Prepare and deliver one-off and regular financial and efficiency reports for internal and external customers
- Participate in continuous improvement activities; follow and implement lean manufacturing activities to improve productivity and cost efficiency in Engineering Modules
- Support Fab 8 efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture
- Effectively use communication to influence peers, management, customers and vendors as needed in a positive and appropriate fashion
- Willingness to respond to critical manufacturing and operational needs off-hours to support Fab operations
- General understanding of materials (chemicals, specialty and bulk gases, slurry, photochemicals, etc.) and maintenance needs (consumables, spares, etc.) for assigned Engineering Module/ Modules
- Quickly and efficiently source data needed for generating ad-hoc reports as well as regularly generated reports; should also be able to piece together data from several sources (reports, databases) to create combinatorial tables
- Ability to compute metrics that track overall equipment efficiency as well as line health and cost structure (node level and high level)
- Monitor and control costs of assigned Engineering Module/ Modules, identify and ensure cost reduction methodologies and activities are employed and implemented
- Co-ordinate between several stakeholders within the company to successfully handle and execute Capital Equipment purchasing projects for assigned Engineering Module/ Modules
- Preparing monthly Materials and Maintenance forecasts for the assigned Engineering Module/ Modules, and the comprehensive annual bottoms-up financial budget
- Understand and own forecasting models set up for assigned Engineering Module/ Modules. Model other non-standard forms of material and maintenance consumptions to incorporate into monthly forecast
- Investigate outliers in forecasting such as severely under/ over forecasted items for assigned Engineering Module/ Modules and make adjustments to fix errors
- Use statistical methods as necessary to improve accuracy of forecasting and reduce scraps due to excess inventory
Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
B.S Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Materials/Chemical/Industrial Engineering or Business Study/Management/Marketing/Economics or an A.S. Degree with a minimum of 5 years engineering experience
High degree of social, intercultural, and analytical competency
Excellent data analysis skills; must be able to derive conclusions from large datasets in a timely and efficient manner
Strong continuous improvement mindset, constantly driving to identify and eliminate waste and errors in business processes, work procedures and instructions, work organization
Ability to drive internal and external CIP projects and aggressive cost reduction roadmaps
Ability to understand complex situations quickly, react accordingly and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
Excellent organizational skills and team mentality
Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization in English, oral and written.
Able to travel internationally for business as required
Strong proficiency in data analysis and statistical tools - MS Excel, R, Minitab, JMP, etc.
Strong Excel skills including formulas, pivot tables and data extraction
Conversant in the Microsoft Office Suite of products - Word, Power point, Access
Ability to identify new patterns and modes of material and part consumption and formulate these into efficient forecasting models
Good understanding of programming/ scripting languages such as Python, VBA or Java
Good debugging skills and ability to deploy changes to source code across all usage models being utilized
Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms and ability to marry statistical methods with memory and runtime efficient code
Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite for report generation and data extraction
Proven experience keeping timelines and cost/budget control
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.