ECS is seeking a Workforce Transformation Lead to work in our Arlington, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
We are currently seeking a go-getting and focused Workforce Transformation Lead with excellent relationship management and delivery skills to join our team. The individual serving in this role will partner with federal leadership to craft and manage program roadmaps, solution delivery, and coordinate with a team of business analysts and technical support staff to support and deliver strategic initiatives set forth in the organization's workforce transformation strategy.
- Develops and implements long-term workforce transformation roadmaps and strategy, and monitors alignment of tactical activities.
- Experience leading projects that involve strategic planning, organizational design/development, business process improvement, quality management, talent management, leadership development, and change management
- Provides higher-level view of activities occurring within the enterprise and the impacts on workforce transformation initiatives.
- Support the development of briefings, agendas, and other general documentation support as directed, including training material and demonstration sessions for new and existing workforce transformation initatives to various DHS stakeholders.
- Support a continuous improvement process by providing recommendations on improving products, services, and processes.
- Develop and manage project schedules, including integrated project schedules, and plans using the tools as defined by the Government (i.e., Confluence, JIRA).
- Support Management of projects within schedule and budget and defined by the Government.
- Manage client interaction and expectations regarding team efforts
- Identify and coordinate cross-team dependencies and collaboration
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, develop and deepen long-lasting client relationships
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Organization Change Management, Business Administration
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security
- A minimum of 11+ years' experience in program and project management and 4 years related experience in workforce management.
- Lead a variety of project work which would include organizational and workforce transformation efforts, tactical implementation and a variety of product development such as briefings, reports, plans and road maps and dashboards.
- Excellent analytical skills and business presentation skills.
- Assist with leveraging industry and functional workforce and career management best practices to link workforce requirements to support the growth of the organization.
- Excellent skills Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans, developing project deliverables, conducting analysis, and responding to client requests.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with government programs and policy/procedures teams
- Demonstrates ability to interact comfortably with Senior Leadership and/or Government Executives and staff on a day-to-day basis
- Strong team building and client interfacing skills: a positive attitude, highly motivated, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good written and oral communication skills and outstanding client-interaction skills
- Experience with tools and methods for project management, data analysis, business analysis, and/or strategic communications and multimedia
- Project Management and Agile Certifications (PMP / ACP / CSM)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or other Agile tools.
- Knowledge of the federal acquisition lifecycle
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.