Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Water/Wastewater Engineer-in-Training to join and support our Water Design Center in Phoenix, AZ that supports both municipal and industrial projects in Arizona and across the country. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you, and we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Wood is committed to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Provide basic engineering services in support of planning, studies, analysis, and design of water treatment and distribution systems, as well as wastewater collection and treatment systems, which may include pump/lift stations, wells, chemical feed systems, and storage reservoirs
- Create detailed designs of water and wastewater treatment systems and collection systems under instruction from the Project Engineer
- Setup and perform hydraulic modeling for water and sewer systems
- Prepare plans/drawings for water and wastewater infrastructure systems using industry-standard design platforms, such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, etc.
- Check design computations and quantity estimates
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Occasional field work and travel may be required
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in Civil Engineering or other related field of study
- At a minimum, hold an EIT certification, with Arizona PE license considered a plus
- Applicant must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, hardworking, and intent on doing great work
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.