ECS is seeking a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS is an expert technology firm focused on AWS, Azure, and Google cloud solutions. We specialize in migrating custom developed and COTS applications into Cloud environments and offering a complete suite of managed service solutions for our customers to include design, architecture, devops, systems administration, big data, security, and 24x7 cloud support services.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect to join our team in supporting Enterprise and Federal business development with the following roles and responsibilities.
This role will serve as a solution architect providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams migrating, developing, or enriching applications in the cloud. The Cloud Solutions Architect is responsible for evaluate customers' current and anticipated needs, develop innovative solutions, develop architectures, and evaluate cloud implementations according to Federal, Enterprise and industry best practices and standards.
You are the definitive expert, senior technical individual, visionary and public figure. You will work closely with Operations, Program Management, and Sales for Enterprise and Federal opportunities.
- B.S. Degree/IT, Business
- Five years of experience designing and architecting cloud solutions
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with the full range of cloud service providers/solutions, inclusive of AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud offerings
- Support creating technology vision, roadmap (6+ months out) Cloud and Devops offerings
- Provide content creation for Statements of Works, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Information for Enterprise and Public sector business
- Significant customer interaction briefing on technology trends, delivery awareness briefings on impactful events.
- Support pre-sales efforts in coordination with ECS sales leaders.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect certification - Must have proven success in consulting to CTO-level clients.
- Proven experience in assessment, evaluation, and documentation of client environment, infrastructure, processes, and operations
- Proven experience in communicating and demonstrating the value of cloud solutions to a variety of stakeholders to address complex and competing drivers in complex technical environments, with a track record of buy-in and successful implementation, migration, change management, and full adoption.
- Proven ability to lead change across large platforms using innovative technology solutions
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management ability
- Demonstrated experience automating production cloud workloads
- Demonstrated Hands on experience developing solutions with cloud orchestration tools
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPC's, VPN's, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls.
- Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
- Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively evaluates information to make decisions
- Anticipates risks and obstacles and develops plans for mitigation
- Potential for off duty work and other tasks assigned
- As part of the Cloud Solution Architects role, you will be focused on solution and development, inclusive of:
- Azure and or Google Cloud certifications •
- You will lead and facilitate information gathering sessions with technical leaders to discover and assess the current state infrastructure, validate business cases, gather and document business and functional objectives
- Through various communication vehicles and methods (e.g., meetings, application demos, emails, workshops, etc.) develop, innovate and implement technical solutions for multiple cloud projects including migration of existing applications/capabilities and users, and/or provision of new applications/capabilities and users
- Engage with the client to secure buy-in for the adoption of cloud-based solutions, through workshops and briefs as necessary
- Recommend technology strategy by understanding key client objectives; diagnosing and mapping client requirements; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending delivery approaches; preparing time estimates; planning full project life cycle
- Develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to cloud migrations and implementations
- Provide expertise to construct the architecture and solutions to support current and future business needs, and to ensure the successful implementation and adoption of service
- Develop and implement activities, such as but not limited to, sequencing, architecture, assumptions, dependencies and customer buy-in that shall include an end-to-end view of the overall implementation approach to migrate current and future systems and users to cloud platform services
- Throughout the projects you will participate in status meetings on progress, priorities, issues, performance issues, and future work.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.