The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com , and follow NASCAR on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and Snapchat ('NASCAR')
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of a Senior Analyst, Digital and Social Analytics based in our Charlotte, NC office.
The Senior Analyst, Digital and Social Analytics is responsible for executing data analysis in the areas of digital research and social media analytics to drive success for the company and key external partners. This position will be accountable to use a variety of analytics tools to provide insights around how users, followers, fans, and viewers engage with the sport. This position will contribute to multiple business units within the broader Research & Insights team and will contribute to projects which help to drive strategies with executives and interactions with industry stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Provide key insights to internal and external stakeholders (including teams, tracks, sponsors, and other industry partners) to assist in meeting various goals and objectives
- Extensive data mining capabilities to uncover trends in data, sub-groups of interest, social media habits, digital usage, esports engagement and other key insights to assist internal and external partners in understanding attitudes and behaviors. Utilize Excel and other tools to drive advanced statistical analysis
- Create and develop thorough insights using digital research data, social media analytic, and broader audience insights data reflecting television viewership and category research data
- Foster a strong knowledge of the past, present, and future sports industry landscape to understand contextual trends for NASCAR and other major sports leagues
- Navigate multiple projects simultaneously, some ongoing and some ad hoc, with the accountability to meet deadlines
- Manage vendor relationships to optimize data quality, available tools and services and cost management
- Utilize syndicated research tools from partners such as Conviva, Meltwater, Zoomph, MVPIndex, comScore, Adobe Analytics, and Nielsen to provide data and insights
- Create impactful, relevant and visually appealing research summaries and dashboards highlighting key insights
- Integrate and work directly with other Research and Insights team members and other internal groups
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment while possessing a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Travel: 5% including weekends
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university plus a four to five years' experience and/or training in Market or Media Research or related fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry preferred. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Critical thinker, able to sort through complex business issues to develop research plans
- Demonstrated ability to translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations
- A passion for sports and entertainment properties to understand broad context
- Able to think out of the box and willing to try different research approaches
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflict and demonstrated partnering skills
- Ability to handle complex data sets through strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.