ECS is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer III (Unix/Linux) to work in our Pocatello, ID office.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies.
- The Contractor shall engineer, design, install, implement, and configure systems as well as provide ongoing support of the Unix/Linux Infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution and patch levels of Linux and network configuration, using tools that include Satellite Server, Puppet and BigFix.
- The Contractor shall provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases.
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Linux infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- The Contractor shall manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
This position shall be filled with individuals that have a minimum of Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), a bachelor's degree preferred, and 10+ years of experience required. Systems Engineer skill set with focus on Unix based systems such as Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SuSE, and CentOS. Required Skills:
- Must have a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- 10+ Years' Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree preferred
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.