The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com , and follow NASCAR on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and Snapchat ('NASCAR').
NASCAR Productions seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Media Systems Engineer based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This position plays a key role in the development, design and implementation of next generation, file-based media systems. The Engineer's primary focus is on solutions that support ingest, edit, transcode, archive and distribution functions within the company's live streaming and file-based media environments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Required skills / experience:
- Design, develop and implement high capacity, video storage and archive solutions along with associated data access and management systems
- Develop and deploy workflows to support media ingest, archive and restore functions
- Develop and implement next generation solutions that enable production workflow integration and file-based media exchanges with onsite or remote facilities
- Design, develop and implement cost effective, scalable, next generation solutions that support ingest, transcode, processing and distribution of file-based video content
- Design, develop and implement IP video stream capture and clipping infrastructure and associated tools
- Integrate media systems with Media Asset Management Systems (MAM), and media orchestration solutions
- Ensure system interoperability with 3rd party, vendor supplied systems and products
- Test and implement system software and firmware updates
- Report and track issues and new feature requests with vendors
- Provide 2nd level operational / technical support and training as necessary to Operations, Engineering and support staff
- Assist with the development and execution of proof of concept initiatives regarding new technologies and methodologies as related to media systems
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of related engineering experience in film and post-production
- Strong knowledge and understanding of video and audio encoding/transcoding techniques and formats
- Strong knowledge of video storage technology (e.g. NAS, SAN, and Object) and archive solutions along with associated data access protocols, application software and systems
- Working knowledge of media management and workflow orchestration tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge of high performance, IT based hardware technology used within the media systems environment
- Proficiency with various scripting languages (e.g. Perl, PowerShell, Python)
- Experience with implementation of software based media solutions deployed on IT/commodity hardware running on various platforms (e.g. Linux, Windows, Serverless).
- Knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies and techniques.
- Working knowledge of I.T & networking principals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, SNMP)
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, and Linux Operating Systems.
- In depth knowledge of the AWS cloud platform.
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of diverse individuals respectful of our history, with an eye towards the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter - @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings
This job has expired.