The International Motor Sports Association, LLC (IMSA) was originally founded in 1969 and owns a long and rich history in sports car racing. Today, IMSA is the sanctioning body of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the premier sports car racing series in North America. IMSA also sanctions the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge and the IMSA Prototype Challenge as well as four one-make series: Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA by Yokohama; Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Yokohama; Ferrari Challenge North America; and Lamborghini Super Trofeo North America. IMSA - a company within the NASCAR family - is the exclusive strategic partner in North America with the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) which operates the 24 Hours of Le Mans as a part of the FIA World Endurance Championship. For more information, visit www.IMSA.com , www.twitter.com/IMSA or www.facebook.com/IMSA .
IMSA seeks a talented professional to join in the position of a Part-Time Transport Driver based in our Braselton, Georgia office.
This person will be responsible for driving equipment to and from events, set-up and teardown of all equipment used throughout the weekends and maintaining all equipment in functional and professional looking manner.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Required skills / experience:
- Drive truck when required to and from events as prescribed while maintaining Department of Transportation (DOT) driving regulations.
- Truck and trailer loading and unloading; setting up and breaking down of awnings, tech equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Truck and trailer scheduling and minor maintenance.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and care.
- Work to support all weekend officials by maintaining equipment and supplies; staff any IMSA trailers as needed.
- Prepare truck logs, complete time cards and fuel reports after all trips.
- Required to operate forklifts and supporting equipment.
- Will work in the office on days not driving.
- Approximate travel required: 80% including weekends.
- This position is for a motivated individual that must be available to work in the office between races and all IMSA events.
- The ideal candidate to work with the IMSA Logistics Team would be able to drive various types of forklifts, have a class A CDL, able to lift over 50 pounds, able to stand for long periods of time and work in inclement conditions. This candidate may also be asked to augment other departments throughout the race event depending on levels of background and talents.
- 5 years truck driving experience within the motorsports industry
- At least 1 year of experience in forklift operation
- Class A CDL license required
- Must be mechanically inclined; welding and fabrication a plus
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Will be subject to DOT physical and drug screening requirements
- Superior follow-through with a high-level of accountability for assigned tasks
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Strong executional capabilities
- Strong collaboration skills
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At IMSA, you will find a community of diverse individuals respectful of our history, with an eye towards the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at IMSA!
IMSA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. IMSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter - @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings