The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com , and follow NASCAR on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and Snapchat ('NASCAR').
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of a Cyber Security Engineer based in our Daytona Beach, FL office. NASCAR, a household brand and sports industry leader, NASCAR is looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies. The Cyber Security Engineer is expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines. To ensure success, the Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits. This person needs to be comfortable leading teams and working directly with executives to provide feedback and updates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks including administering and installing firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, SIEM solutions and more
- The ability to plan upgrades and recommend solutions to management is also very important
- Troubleshooting security and network problems
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Maintaining all the software and hardware in relation to security
- Documenting security certification
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats, and threat intelligence
- Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organization
- Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls
- Participating in the change management process
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization
- Support security applications and tools
- Address user tickets regarding security issues
- Experience with risk mitigation, selecting or designing appropriate security controls, and implementing them
- Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended
- Coordinate response to information security incidents
- Conduct data classification assessment, security audits, develop analytical reports as required, and manage remediation plans
- Collaborate with IT management, network engineering and desktop engineering groups to manage security vulnerabilities
- Experience creating, managing, and maintaining user security awareness
- Ability to conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification
- 4 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
- Outstanding communication skills that go beyond "tech talk" - the ability to translate complex IT matters to those without an IT background
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- At least 3 years of specialized IT experience or at least 5 years of specialized IT experience and no degree requirement
- Ability to perform security alert troubleshooting
- Experience with network security, vulnerability management, Assessment and Authorization (A&A), Authority to Operate (ATO), and incident response
- Splunk security information and event management (SIEM) experience
- Experience with security documentation controls, assessment, ATO audits, and tool experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker, CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CompTIA Security+, GIAC Certified Penetration Tester, GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.