This job posting is for a "future opportunity" and does not represent a current vacancy. Job listings such as this allow GLOBALFOUNDRIES to proactively review and identify talent on an on-going basis before a position becomes available. We encourage you to submit your credentials today with the understanding that a position does not exist and that you may not be contacted by a recruiter in reference to your resume submission. When an appropriate position opens that matches your profile, we may contact you to apply directly to the new position. We will keep your information on file for one year.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking Summer Engineering Interns: Summer 2019 Internship Positions are 12-week projects beginning in May/June, 2019.
- Motivated college students in strong engineering academic programs for Summer Intern positions.
- Innovators who go beyond what is possible
- Those who generate the best ideas by being inclusive
- Collaborators who cross all borders and boundaries
- Those who celebrate and reward success
- Those who have Global mindset
Imagine that you can work with a group of talents for a project that might lead the semiconductor industry and make an impact to the world... Join us, and we can bring you to a new frontier- a level of experience you may never think of, a place that takes you to a new height.
We provide an opportunity for students to experience the world's leading high-tech environment working with world-class experts. Intern shall be able to learn from fellow employees while expanding leadership experiences through exciting projects. Opportunities are available for all engineering majors in various areas throughout the organization.
The objective of each internship project is to gain a basic understanding of the critical components necessary to create, develop and prepare a new technology ready for mass production. This may include programming utilities to analyze data or creating tools to standardize and improve working efficiency. Interns will work directly with engineers, PhDs and scientists that work on developing the leading edge semiconductor technology. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the semiconductor industry including process, equipment and its challenges. Qualifications
Positions are 12-week projects beginning in May/June, 2019.
• Current enrollment in an engineering program: Mech E, Chem E, Mat'l Sci, EE, Physics, E& CE or other relevant engineering program seeking BS degree.
• Excellent academic standing
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivation; able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and seek buy off from manager, escalate issues with manager and co-workers as needed, and proactively seek feedback to ensure objectives are aligned and met.
• Team player
• Interest in pursuing a career in semiconductors
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.