- Provide Geographical Information Systems (GIS) data analysis and support including:
- Spatial data management and data analysis
- GIS application customization and automation of multiple consecutive existing application process steps
- Map, graphic, and report preparation.
- Technical application support to PW users of desktop GIS software and data.
- Web map scripting
- Data integration
- Perform GIS management and support services working in a team environment on specific GIS data layers, map products, applications and scripts to address customer needs. The contractor shall use Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) standards as implemented in the DPW Enterprise GIS system.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS version 10 and ArcSDE version 10 on MS Windows workstations
- Maintain a corporate GIS data set deployed from MS SQL Server and synchronized with existing enterprise relational databases and distributed MS Access databases, field sensor and data collection techniques.
- Provide spatial data queries and analysis for DPW planning, management and operations using multiple databases applying to subject matters including legal, cultural, scientific, engineering and business.
- Perform GIS database management including generation of database attribution and metadata in accordance with PW and Army standards.
- Generate suitable support documentation in accordance with PW standards to ensure business continuity. The contractor will perform web map scripting to deploy data and information to web map services to the JBLM geospatial consumers.
- Use scripting to convert raw data and automatically feed it in a consumable format on Public Works web map services.
- Perform data integration to the single geospatial data repository and make system performance enhancements utilizing the data repository
- Create and provide user accounts for GIS mapping support:
- Regular requests not requiring more than 4 hours work shall be delivered to customer in no more than three business days.
- Requests requiring more than 4 hours work shall be forwarded to the COR for approval to proceed and to determine the due date.
- Travel as required- approximately 25%
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Work Location: Huntsville, Alabama Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Tech savvy
- Provide process improvements for systems and products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ArcGIS
- AutoCAD experience is desired, but not required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and customer service skills
- Experience with mapping and survey-grade GPS systems is a plus
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Physically able to walk or stand for more than 6 hours per day
Tactica Management Services, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Tactica Management Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.