AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. We're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. We believe in the potential of our people and you'll develop beyond what you thought possible
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you're curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person. We do everything we can to make sure each AstraZeneca person has everything they need to stretch themselves and see what they can achieve.
As the Associate Director of Scientific Strategy & Communications, Oncology R&D, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Strategy and EVP, R&D Oncology on scientific strategy needs; including: development, planning and execution of materials for internal / external scientific and management conferences / meetings. You will partner with our world-class scientific leadership team, as well as strategically think of and flawlessly execute our initiatives to support our fast-growing organization and our unique culture -- where we are driven by our mission to eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
- Creating high impact presentation and communications to support EVP for board, executive meetings, internal / external conferences on scientific topics
- Understand the needs of the audience, storyboard and create compelling presentations to support the necessary meetings / conferences
- Developing visual approaches and illustrations that effectively communicate business and scientific messages
- Ensure strong understanding of scientific topics, business context, and keep abreast with the current information to support the EVP on short turnarounds
- Ensure the slides / communication are concise and meaningful and appropriately apply designs and visualize the content as required
- Ensure that the content is reviewed and approved by internal governance process based on requirements
- Support with necessary briefing materials and prepare for impactful delivery
- Support other aspects of communication including logistics, reporting etc. as needed
- Stay current with the latest advances and thinking in presentation development, visual storytelling and communications tools
Next Steps - Apply today!
- B.S. in Science Field, PhD in preferred
- Relevant 8+ years of experience supporting senior executives with high-impact scientific communications needs preferred
- Strong ability to understand scientific content with ability to synthesize information in a concise, meaningful and impactful manner
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with quick turnarounds
- Ability to visualize information-creating clear, easy to use templates for governance needs
- Ability to design reports, presentations that increase the understanding of the material
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Ability to understand needs of senior leaders / executives
- Flexible and ability to work-re-work as needed with enthusiasm, until the story / messages are clear
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
This job has expired.