Job ID: 229340
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of ensuring quality in Growing Media and Mulch products at the plant-level, including, but not limited to: formulation oversight and testing; incoming raw material inspection, testing, and approval; ensuring that all established specifications and processes are followed. Coordinator is also responsible for the plant's EH & S program to include OSHA, Oldcastle, and EPA requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight and testing of product formulations
- Inspection, testing, and approval of incoming raw materials
- Follow all established specifications and processes
- Investigate and resolve Customer quality complaints
- Administer and maintain EH & S program
- Routinely inspect/observe plant equipment and activities for safe processes
- Prepare and submit all required reports to Oldcastle or applicable agency
- Keep plant in compliance with EH & S regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Experience with lab and testing procedures preferred
- Experience with safety programs and compliance
- Some experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Some mechanical aptitude or experience with production processing equipment preferred
- Some experience working with EH & S programs/agencies
- Interest in Horticulture or Gardening is a plus
- Environmental, Health, & Safety programs and rules
Skills and Abilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to problem-solve, with a strong sense of goal attainment
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good housekeeping skills required
- Ability to influence thinking, deal with and overcome resistance and objections, and to motivate change
- High school degree required; Associates Degree preferred
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Adequate computer skills
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Lift objects weighing up to 60 -80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching
- Standing for extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust and dirt
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Sep 21, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Raleigh Job Segment: