Req ID: 224439
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, a CRH Company, is located in southern West Virginia employing more than 100 employees during the construction months. As a stone producer with multiple locations located in the central and southeastern areas of West Virginia, Appalachian Aggregates, LLC supplies stone for ready-mix concrete, asphalt pavement, roadways, commercial buildings, as well as the private markets. Appalachian Aggregates, LLC prides itself on its ability to provide services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to plant operations at various locations by utilizing loader to maintain production levels.
- Must partner with other plant employees to maintain plant operations as instructed by plant foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Physical ability to operate loader on rough terrain and provide assistance to plant personnel under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Ability to stockpile using loader with attention to supplying plant with raw materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
- May perform other related duties such as backfilling trenches/excavations.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Roanoke Nearest Secondary Market:
West Virginia Job Segment:
Warehouse, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
This job has expired.