The Litigation Legal Assistant is responsible for supporting a team of attorneys litigating construction defect and general liability cases. Ability to work remote while COVID-19 restrictions are in place. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust's mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to type 40-45 wpm and must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experienced in preparation of written correspondence and legal pleadings including, but not limited to, motions, subpoenas, notices, and judicial counsel forms.
- Communicate with clients, adversaries and claims partners.
- Support 3 attorneys with a case load of 40+ files each
- Coordination/scheduling of meetings, court hearings, appointments, and depositions.
- E-filing in State and Federal Courts.
- Other required duties include providing information to claims professionals and clients, composing and typing routine correspondence, data entry, reading and routing of incoming mail, taking calls from attorneys, claims professionals, opposing counsel, etc.
What We Offer
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with some of that experience related to handling construction defect litigation.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work in a team environment with attorneys, paralegals and other legal assistants.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment and embrace paperless technologies.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, clients, and other employees of the firm.
- Organized, self- motivated, with ability to work independently with a great attitude.
- Proficient with State and Federal Court rules and e-filing procedures.
- Familiarity with California Code of Civil Procedure rules and requirements relating to all stages of litigation.
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job has expired.