Reporting to the Associate Director of Clinical External Manufacturing Procurement, the Global Category Manager (GCM) will lead procurement activities for the clinical Drug Substance (DS) and Drug Product (DP) categories in support of AstraZeneca's biologics development pipeline, including exciting novel therapy areas such as cell, gene and viral therapies.
In conjunction with peers across technical, quality and supply chain functions, the successful candidate will lead development of long-term sub-category strategies to drive end-to-end supply chain value, as well as full product lifecycle value considering longer term commercial implications, ultimately enabling progression of pipeline therapies to commercialization and supply to patients.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Lead sourcing and contracting activities related to supply of Drug Substance and/or Drug Product to clinical trials - either directly or through offshore Global Procurement Services colleagues (central procurement services organization)
- Own and drive development of sub category strategies to fulfil the current and future needs of AZ's clinical biologics pipeline including new and diverse technologies and therapies
- Collaborate with senior leaders as a procurement business partner across a wide range of functional areas including technical, quality, supply chain and commercial supply in order to develop, influence, gain support for and embed proposed strategies
- Executing Master Supply Agreements, and/or individual product contracts for Suppliers or Brands.
- Supporting risk assessment processes for suppliers.
- Build market expertise in key emerging technology areas, and bring that insight to business stakeholders and embed in category strategies.
- Bachelor Degree required, preferably in supply chain, business, or science
- 5+ years' experience working in complex Procurement or Sourcing environments
- Experience in a regulated environment, such as Biopharmaceuticals, with strong market knowledge
- Significant experience in developing and implementing sub-category strategies
- Strong experience in leading and negotiating complex sourcing and contracting activities
- Project management, change management and strong collaboration skills
- A driven, self-starter with strong communication/presentation skills and the ability to influence others
- Analytical and Systems acumen, working with Procure-to-pay systems, SAP, Microsoft Suite