Suwannee American Cement Company, part of CRH Americas Materials, is the second largest cement supplier in the state of Florida with two world-class cement plants - one located in Branford, FL and the other in Sumterville, FL - as well as an import facility in Port Manatee, FL. Since 2003, we have been manufacturing high-quality cement for the Florida and Southern Georgia construction markets. We are recognized as an industry leader in producing high-quality cement, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the environmental impact of the cement production process. Suwannee American Cement Company has successful, ongoing initiatives focused on quality, the environment and its employees. We value our people - employees, customers, vendors and community members. We strive to offer the best and friendliest customer service and have the commitment, passion and technology to supply the highest quality product. Our core values include a Safe Workplace, Integrity & Trust and the Development of our employees to succeed and grow with the company. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers .
Perform plant tasks involving physical labor for plant, and labor support to other plant departments as directed by the production supervisor. May operate a variety of hand and power tools and mobile equipment. May clean and prepare work areas, clean up rubble, debris, and remove waste materials. May assist other workers.
- Ensure compliance with all posted and required MSHA and Company Safety Policies and a commitment to providing a safe environment for themselves, co-workers and visitors to the facility
- Clean the plant of materials or process spills - using brooms, shovels and wheel barrels that may weigh 200 pounds full; carry buckets that weigh as much as 50 pounds full; pneumatic scrapers that weigh approximately 20 pounds; air lances ¾ inch in diameter to 3 feet to 10 feet long, that weigh approximately 10 pounds.
- Remove cement build up from equipment by use of hammers and mallets that weigh between 1 and 10 pounds.
- Run mobile equipment in the plant: loader, bobcat, forklift, manlift and dump truck.
- Clean the plant by using high pressure fire hose that weighs approximately 100 pounds and exerts approximately 100 pounds of thrust when in use.
- To be able to assist with the duties of Process Attendant when PA requires help performing his task.
- Operates plant processing equipment, maintains product quality and production output. Report any deficiency to supervisor for corrective measures.
- Assist in other work areas of the facility when necessary to meet site emergencies or production priorities
- Maintain a clean job site; pickup all tools and equipment and secure the job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks; haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Bring problems to the attention of the Production Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Become proficient in the use of a Bobcat style front end loader and forklift to move and lift large loads and objects.
- Perform work place exams, safety and pre-shift inspections on all mobile equipment.
- Report all safety and environmental hazards to the Production Supervisor immediately.
- Utilize all safety equipment, personal and otherwise, as required by MSHA standards and Company guidelines.
- Attend safety meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Shift work may be required to complete plant occupational requirements.
- Become cross-trained on specific plant equipment and positions on specific plant classifications. Laborers may be scheduled to perform work in higher job classifications in the case of classification vacancies. Laborers most be trained and fully qualified in the case of vacancies.
High School Graduate or GED, preferred
1 Year related experience and/or training; or Equivalent combination of education, skills, abilities and experience
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities and must meet qualifications required for this position.
- Flexibility is a must - be available to work overtime when needed.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Suwannee American Cement, LLC. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Lake City Job Segment:
Laborer, General Labor, Labor, Supply, Warehouse, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.