If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Determines which referrals are required based on patient examination and needs.
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up and referral appointments.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients.
- Orders studies, tests, and ancillary services, and documents results.
- Preserves a detailed description of all services provided in patients' medical records.
- Reviews long-term cases that require ongoing medical attention.
- Consults with leadership and other professionals on staff regarding patient care programs.
- Oversees mid-level medical staff, as well as nursing clinical staff.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
M.D. degreeCertification and Licensing:
Certification in relevant specialty or fieldExperience:
Minimum 3 years of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with young adults and mid-level providers, and interest/experience in health prevention, education, and outreach programs.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.