Accounting Operations Manager
About the Position
The Accounting Operations Manager is responsible for the production of the accounting operations team, as well as, implementing and maintaining efficient processes to ensure regulatory compliance and credit union policies are followed in line with GAAP and applicable laws. This position orchestrates the day-to-day activities of the accounting operations team including accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel and expense, fleet management, fixed assets and prepaids. In addition, will research and resolve more complex accounting operations matters and act as primary accounting operations liaison for internal and external bodies.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Lead, supervise, and direct the activities of the accounting operations team to ensure a trained, motivated, and professional staff capable of providing efficient and effective accounting operation services, as well as, monitor team goals and performance results.
- Manage all enterprise payments made from accounts payable and travel and expense systems to ensure quarterly and year-end 1099 reporting activities are correct, and all tax agency inquiries are addressed.
- Analyze results and trends, complete additional ad hoc analyses and provide support for internal and external auditor reviews as needed.
- Lead process improvement for accounting operations and implement automation where appropriate through knowledge sharing and development of process documentation.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the general business environment, regulations and the Credit Union's workflow streams to ensure policies, appropriate internal controls and processes are followed and functioning as designed (integrity of general ledger, SOX controls, segregation of duties, timely reconciliations, tax laws, GAAP, etc.).
- Collaborate with other department managers to implement new accounting initiatives, process improvements and handling other non-routine transactions.
- Provide oversight and strategic management of the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and travel and expense systems by observing, analyzing, and documenting internal controls for all accounting operations functions to mitigate risk and prevent loss.
- Analyze job functions, find efficiencies and make appropriate decisions by providing creative solutions and act as back-up and trainer for other team members.
- Participate as a key member for all accounting operations and business partner projects by communicating and listening effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the escalation point of contact for vendor concerns, and issue resolution.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Must have a BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 7 to 9 years' experience in accounting.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of direct personnel supervision.
- In depth knowledge of GAAP, accounts payable processes and tax compliance.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, be able to work independently, meet deadlines and achieve time and budget requirements with a strong, positive attitude.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required sometimes.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years' experience at a financial institution.
- Possess a strong service orientation, preferably in the credit union industry.
- Ability to educate non-accounting professionals about accounting operations' processes and tax compliance.
- In depth knowledge of credit union institution rules, regulations, and laws.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
This job has expired.