Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
The Administrative Assistant provides organizational and administrative support to department(s) and its team members. Enters and retrieves work related information contained in computer databases to update records, files, reservations, etc. Addresses inquiries from guests and associates via telephone and in person. Transmits information or documents using a computer, mail, or fax machine. Prepares letters, memos, and other documents using e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Processes incoming and outgoing mail. Creates and maintains computer and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, and documents. Compiles, copies, sorts, and files records of departmental activities and business transactions.
Follows all company policies and procedures, ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintains confidentiality of proprietary information, and protects company assets. Welcomes and acknowledges all guests according to company standards, anticipates and address guests' service needs. Communicates with others using clear and professional language, prepares and reviews written documents accurately and completely, and answers telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others, supports team to reach common goals, and listens and responds appropriately to the concerns of others. Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards. Reports accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and completes safety training and certifications. Stands, sits, or walks for extended periods or for an entire work shift. Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Specific Job Summary
Policies and Procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protects the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follows company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensures uniform, nametag, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Answers telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speaks to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepares and reviews written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memorandums, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communicates efficiently with others to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Listens and responds positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific processes (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE, ASGARD) to resolve issues and build trust.
- Welcomes and acknowledges each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipates guests' service needs, including asking questions to better understand needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provides a fond farewell.
- Assists other associates to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Supports all co-workers and treats them with dignity and respect.
- Develops and maintains positive and productive working relationships with other associates and departments.
- Partners with and assists others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handles sensitive issues with associates and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Enters and locates work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Creates and maintains computer and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Transmits information or documents using a computer.
- Enters and retrieves information contained in computer databases and software to update records, files, reservations.
- Prepares letters, memos, and other documents using e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
Safety and Security
- Transmits information or documents using mail, or fax machine.
- Operates standard office equipment such as telephone, voice mail, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
- Reports work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Follows company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. CRITICAL COMPETENCIESAnalytical SkillsInterpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Diversity Relations
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Electronic Communication
- Writing (business writing an advantage)
- Applied Reading
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Microsoft Office (working knowledge of 365 suite an advantage)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SharePointPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation
Minimum - High school diploma/ G.E.D. equivalentRelated Work Experience
At least 1 year of related work experienceSupervisory Experience
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture