GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Administrative Assistant- $15.00/hour
Temple Bar, managed by Guest Services and located within the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, is now hiring for seasonal Administrative Assistant for the 2023 season!
Season: NOW to October 31
Housing is included at no cost! Private employee housing with kitchen facilities or employee RV sites are available!
Employees at Temple Bar enjoy perks such as:
Access to Direct TV at a greatly reduced cost
Discounts in the retail store
Discounts on rental boats
Discounts in the restaurant
Pool tables, dart games, horseshoes, and basketball on site
Temple Bar is also located 45 minutes from the Hoover Dam, 1.5 hours from Las Vegas, 3 hours from Grand Canyon West, and 5 hours from the Grand Canyon. There are lots of opportunities to explore when not working!
Join us this summer to gain valuable experience and establish amazing relationships as part of our All Star Team!
To maintain the highest possible marina and occupancy rate through the rental of slips, dry storage and Trailer Village while providing the highest quality customer service to renters and potential customers.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain master listing of occupied/unoccupied slips and spaces on a daily basis.
- Maintain waiting list of prospective slip and space renters.
- Contact prospective renters when notice of an impending vacancy is received.
- Prepare contracts for new renters and collect money.
- Receive money from customers and post to accounts as well as daily deposits.
- Aid moorage and Trailer Village customers' requests directly or through proper referral.
- Perform full Cashiering duties.
- Verify daily deposits and daily closeout paperwork from all departments and prepare monies received for bank deposits.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all safety procedures.
- Perform work in a manner protective of human health and the environment and promptly report any deviations of environmental policy to their supervisor.
- Be aware of and participate, where necessary, in the achievement of environmental objectives and implementation of the environmental management system.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner; answer incoming phone lines, inquiries, and requests as needed.
- Prepare all requested reports regarding occupancy, receivables collection, and customer requests.
- Assist Administrative Manager with support tasks in regards to HR and month end reporting.
- Provide resort, lake and boating information to customers.
- Enforce marina contract and house rules by informing management of infractions and proceeding as directed.
- Write reminder letters to customer to request current documentation required for their files (registration, insurance, etc.)
- Maintain enthusiasm and morale for yourself and others and work cohesively with all TBM departments.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a polite attitude to promote professionalism and a high standard of excellence.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Check and clean office and restroom daily or more often as needed.
- Maintain and convey a thorough knowledge of safety and environmental requirements.
- Swift handling or notification of management concerning hazards or problems.
- Assist in the program for Green Procurement.
- Such other and further duties as are required from time to time, as defined by Company Management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma, GED, or other acceptable experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in QuickBooks and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Minimum one (1) year in position with heavy customer contact, preferably in a customer service position.
- Minimum one (1) year money-handling and cash register experience.
- Recreational boating experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of recreational boats and boating.
- Extensive knowledge of proper moorage and Trailer Village regulations and procedures.
- Ability to handle cash and credit card transactions accurately.
- Ability to count and account for large sums of money.
- Ability to keep organized records and filing systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of proper telephone presentation.
- Ability to type accurately and write legibly.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in ISO / EMS Awareness, Hazard Communications, Hazardous Material Response, Emergency Response / Respiratory Protection, Recycled Materials, Bloodborne Pathogen Awareness.
- Work is primarily in an office environment, with stairs being the only form of access.
- Ability to walk docks in extreme hot and cold temperatures and storm conditions.
- Bending, squatting, and reaching to tie dock lines from boats to docks as needed.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.