Responsible for supporting and assisting the department leaders in the provision of a 24-hour patient care service operation center with the optimal goal of meeting or exceeding the patients', physicians' or other pertinent customer expectations. Assumes responsibilities for coordinating and organizing operations and personnel to provide an efficiently functioning facility and optimal patient care.
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
- Mishawaka Medical Center: 254-bed acute-care hospital located in Mishawaka
- Plymouth Medical Center: 58-bed acute-care hospital located in Plymouth
- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network located across the Saint Joseph and Marshall counties
- Community Health Centers and additional points of access
- St Paul's is a 316 suite campus for independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation, memory care, long-term nursing care and numerous senior activities located in South Bend
- Holy Cross is a 168 suite campus for rehabilitation and wellness and skilled nursing programs located in South Bend
- Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments located in downtown South Bend
- VNA Home Care is our home care agency that helps transition patients from the hospital to home and back to their regular daily activities
- Saint Joseph PACE provides care and services to seniors with chronic care needs allowing them to maintain their independence in their homes for as long as possible (transportation provided)
At Saint Joseph Health System
, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for supporting and assisting the department leaders in the provision of a 24-hour patient care service operation center with the optimal goal of meeting or exceeding the patients', physicians' or other pertinent customer expectations. Assumes responsibilities for coordinating and organizing operations and personnel to provide an efficiently functioning facility and optimal patient care.JOB DUTIES
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIESEducation:
- Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient safety plan and hospital policies and procedures. Continuously seeks to minimize hazards and harm that may result from the processes of care and provision of service. Promotes a safe environment at all times;
- Functions as resource for all hospital departments, demonstrating initiative/ingenuity when providing solutions to complex problems, establishing priorities, or encouraging staff to problem solve, prioritize, and make own decisions regarding staffing issues and patient care.
- Communicates with the directors and unit supervisors regarding pertinent information such as patient care concerns and employee performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement and supervise care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given on a continuous basis.
- Manages/coordinates day-to-day operations in designated areas.
- Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates appropriate response.
- Interprets and maintains policies and procedures within the guidelines and philosophy of SJRMC.
- Coaches staff and rounds with staff consistently.
- Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and continuing education as designated by department standards.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Ensures adequate and competent staff is on duty to accomplish needed service. Effectively manages staff and scheduling processes to assist the department leader in meeting productivity levels and achieving expected financial targets.
- Serves as an "expert" and "resource" to staff in problem solving, while promoting staff to think independently. Promotes team spirit in all aspects of work. Collaborates intra- and inter-departmentally for problem solving.
- Recognizes and rewards positive behavior. Addresses inappropriate behavior at the time of occurrence.
- Duties & responsibilities include accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to patients, including those that may produce patient charges. If designated as a "Revenue Lead", additional responsibilities will include revenue reconciliation and charge-error correction as specified by departmental process and hospital policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or staffing variations require.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred.Licensure:
RN Indiana license.Experience:
Minimum of 2 years hospital clinical nursing experience, management experience preferred. The following leadership qualities are desired: Accountability, change management, coaching, drive for improvement, integrity/valuing diversity, integration of mission and core values, patient focus, physician relations, and teamwork.Other Job Requirements:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Provides direct support and supervision to all departments as appropriate; Assists with direct patient care as required;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.