CALSTART is thriving! We are #hiring a Project Manager II (PM) to join the Midwest Team to support our growing Clean Fuels and Infrastructure and zero-emission smart vehicle/transportation technology (connected and automated, advanced propulsion systems) project tasks we have been awarded. This role will support the Midwest Region, Innovative Mobility, Validation & Assessment, and Demonstration and Deployment teams.
The Project Manager II will also:
- Manage key charging infrastructure project tasks across our FTA (Federal Transit Authority) Low-No projects and alternative fuels corridor work.
- Execute project tasks and deliverables.
- Support national Activities, Initiatives and Regional Offices (AIRO) activities, by providing Midwest regional guidance to our national core work.
- Manage project budgets, schedules, and milestones.
- Leverage industry network to expand CALSTART's new business opportunities and outreach and engagement activities.
- Provide insight and knowledge in vehicle automation trends and technologies and bring that knowledge to the organization at-large.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple U.S. states and Europe. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road equipment), fuels, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating innovative technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us! Qualifications:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Environmental Science, Urban Planning or other related field
- 3+ years' experience in working as a project manager in the clean transportation industry
- Experience working in clean fuels and infrastructure: Charging stations with industry or a utility
- Experience working with clean vehicles: battery-electric, fuel cell, or other alternative fuel
- Experience working with cross functional teams (internal and external) ￼
- Experience in smart, connected and automotive vehicle technologies, including V2X
- Strong knowledge of clean vehicle industry and supporting clean transportation infrastructure requirements
- Experience in analyzing zero emission, battery-electric power and energy requirements
Salary and Benefits
- Certification (PMP (Project Management Plan)) ￼
- Experience in analyzing energy capacity and power requirement calculations
- Experience in medium and heavy -duty (bus and truck) industry
- Knowledge of vehicle automation trends and technologies
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART includes the complete salary range for our Project Manager II level ($72,000 to $92,640). This will be combined with the benefits identified above for a total compensation package that is industry leading. We determine starting pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Starting pay for this role will typically be from $72,000 to $78.880.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
#cleantransportation #AV #autonomousvehicles #AVtransit #EV #GHG #evinfrastructure #zev #alternativecorridors
This job has expired.