If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Success Advisor, Cane Success Center provides advisement and support for deposited and current students to help them onboard, transition in their first year, and overcome any challenges they may face throughout their undergraduate career - all with the mission of helping students reach their dream of attaining a UM degree.
Salary range: $40K to $45K
Core Job Duties:
• Responsible for providing holistic student support for both incoming and continuing undergraduate students including but not limited to anti-melt efforts, first-term advising, retention, persistence and graduation initiatives.
• Responsible for student caseload, which includes monitoring and outreach, for completing Road to UM tasks, Road to UM modules, and first term registration.
• Responsible for supporting undergraduate students as they navigate challenges such as academic, financial, social, health, and personal that can negatively impact the students' progress to degree completion.
• Responsible for at-risk student interventions for both new and continuing students, including but not limited to students who are not course selected, students requiring inactive status, and students interested in readmission or recently readmitted.
• Employs the University Bulletin, the Cognate Search Engine, the Academic Calendar, written course descriptions, and other appropriate sources to answer student inquiries and resolve problems related to first-term course registration , curriculum and course prerequisites.
• Responsible for maintaining student's file by documenting, scheduling and recording all interactions.
• Advises students through the undergraduate student withdrawal process and maintains the
University's withdrawal database, including the tracking of student withdrawal reasons for analysis.
• Adhere to campus policies, procedures, and resources to positively impact undergraduate student success, while safeguarding University assets.
• Familiarity with Navigate, Salesforce, Canelink, and Blackboard is a plus.
• Will have the option to fill the role of First Year Directions Facilitator if qualifications are met.
• Represents the CSC at student events, including but not limited to RA Housing Fair, Spring Involvement Fair, Orientation, CaneFest, and meetings.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in advising, counseling and/or customer service is preferred. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
• Candidate must have passion and dedication for providing students and their families with thorough, compassionate support, and the utmost care.
• A keen ability to build relationships and connect with staff members across campus to ensure thorough, well-rounded support and solutions to students and their families.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Posted about 12 hours ago
Posted about 12 hours ago
$25.00 per hourPosted about 8 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our