At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules, powders and liquids to over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is located in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana - the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
The Technical Manager, Analytics will set the vision, strategic direction, and development of the site analytics program. This includes developing and implementing comprehensive tools and strategies that allow raw data to be transformed into business insights. These insights are used for decision making and strategic planning across the site. This role also collaborates and coordinates efforts with the Factory of the Future direction and related initiatives.
What you'll do:
Essential for the role:
- Responsible for defining digital strategy, road-map to success, leading analytics, and handling data driven campaigns.
- Develop the processes responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling, and analysis and works with site teams to identify needed data, establish data mining methods, and presentation in a simple, relevant form that enables quick, clear decision-making.
- Works closely with leaders at the site and external to the site, to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions and ensures data accuracy and consistent reporting by crafting and creating efficient processes and procedures for analytics.
- Help implement sophisticated data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from data and use these insights into initiatives that support business outcomes.
- Apply knowledge of data analysis to solving problems and finding opportunities for improvement and develops processes for effective data management, analysis and reporting.
- Collaborate with the IT/Automation and operations teams to ensure the data strategy and technology are aligned and integrated with Factory of the Future initiatives.
- Keep up on digital analytics, predicative analysis, and future data industry trends and recommend when changes need to be made.
Preferred for the role:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Engineering, Business Analytics, Computer or Data Science, or related field and strong understanding of data analysis and presentation techniques.
- Proven applied knowledge of ICH guidelines Q8, Q9, and Q10, statistical process control, and PAT.
- Must have proven track record to plan, implement, and achieve significant, sophisticated goals and objectives and experience in conceptual development, project management (planning and scheduling projects), design, and implementation of major capital projects.
- Strong understanding of cGMPs, demonstrated leadership, management, and technical capabilities and knowledge and understanding of validation and qualification principles, project management, and change control principles.
- Ability to understand and utilize financial analyses to make good decisions in a manufacturing environment; be able to "see" solutions in data sets and the business mentality to convert insights into strategic opportunities.
- Must have the ability to produce understandable and meaningful reports gleaned from data.
- Master's degree is highly desirable and Six Sigma green belt or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with qualification and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and related regulatory, engineering, and construction techniques.
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques and quantitative skills.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this great opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.