The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com , and follow NASCAR on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and Snapchat ('NASCAR')
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of a Senior Manager Sales, Southeast Region based at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, AL while having sales responsibilities within the Southeast Region of NASCAR that includes Talladega Superspeedway, Daytona International Speedway, and Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Talladega Superspeedway is in search of an experienced sales minded, results driven individual who can develop and secure corporate sponsorships and tailored hospitality programs with companies on a local, regional and national level. The Senior Manager of Sales is responsible primarily for generating new revenue, while also renewing and upselling existing Talladega Superspeedway accounts. This sales executive will continually be prospecting for future revenue opportunities and must be highly motivated, goal oriented, and contribute to the overall success of the sales team. This role will involve a high volume of cold calling, prospecting, meeting with and building relationships with clients. The candidate for this role must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to establish relationships with senior level executives.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Sales on priorities and prospecting approach within the market
- Acquire new clients, grow revenue from existing clients and strengthen customer relationships
- Prospect and secure sales meetings through existing relationships as well as cold calling locally, regionally and nationally
- Meet and exceed daily/weekly/monthly corporate revenue and prospecting goals
- Research and identify industries and organizations to pitch sponsorship/hospitality opportunities while also tracking local, regional and national trends/emerging markets
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new corporate clients
- Regularly attend networking & community events to build professional network and identify/develop sales opportunities for all Southeast Region properties (Daytona International Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway)
- Work in coordination with Southeast Region Client Services team to ensure proper execution of partner assets and maintain strong relationships
- Maintain sales pipeline and forecast weekly
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Sales
- Understanding of sponsorship/hospitality sales, event marketing and activation process
- Ability to confidently communicate the value of sponsorship & hospitality offerings
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of the applicable organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree required preferably in Sports Management/Business/Sales
- 3-5 years sales experience, preferably in sports environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments
- Must be well-organized with attention to detail
- Must possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Must be able to work evenings and weekend and travel as required
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.