The LP Agent's primary responsibility is to monitor and protect Distribution property, assets, customers and employees through proper utilization of specified procedures and enforcement of security, safety rules and regulations. The Loss Prevention Agent works under general supervision. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Reduce DC losses created by external and internal theft.
* Respond quickly, within GameStop expectations, to emergencies and possible confrontations of a volatile nature.
* Conduct security patrols in specified areas, identify deficiencies, vulnerabilities or safety violations, and develop and implement corrective actions.
* Prevent loss of or damage to merchandise/building or injury to associates by monitoring in-house security and surveillance systems; ensure that monitoring equipment, such as CCTV and alarm systems, is functioning appropriately.
* Control access to property, screening all incoming and outgoing traffic, ensuring that only appropriate personnel are able to gain access to and from the distribution center and/or Store Support Center.
* When instructed, participate in internal theft investigations in accordance with the organization's Loss Prevention Internal Theft Investigation and Confidentiality Guidelines.
* Report findings of investigations in writing to the Assistant DC LP Manager for appropriate disposition.
* Monitor inbound and outbound trailers at the security gate to ensure safety of normal operations.
* Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
* Safety Intervention - Follows regulations and safety procedures and asks others to follow them to ensure safety of organization. Continually monitors and checks equipment to ensure optimal safety compliance. Reports and/or corrects unsafe working conditions until resolved.
* Stress Tolerance - Stays focused on work tasks and productively uses time and energy when under stress. Presents a positive disposition and maintains constructive interpersonal relationships even when under stress.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Must be at least 18 years of age and present state required proof of age documents.
* Previous experience working in a loss prevention position preferred
* High School Diploma or GED preferred
* Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
* Available to work for extended periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
* Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day, especially during high-activity periods throughout the year
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Working knowledge of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Possess the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
* Ability to work under demanding time constraints and workflow
* Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct.