Regeneron is currently looking for an Analytical Scientist- Chemistry Development on our Quality Control (QC) team with a Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm schedule. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. Our Analytical Scientists support the Manufacturing, Process Sciences (PS) and Quality Control (QC) departments through the development, optimization, troubleshooting, validation, transfer and application of analytical test procedures, including but not limited to liquid and gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.
As an Analytical Scientist- Chemistry Development, a typical day might include the following:
• Uses in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation and technology to manage the analytical technology lifecycle in a given area, including LC-MS.
•Establish, develop, optimize and/or troubleshoot analytical methodology to test the identity, strength, purity, potency, or stability of protein products; identity and concentration of impurities; identity and concentration of raw materials
• Establish, develop, optimize and/or troubleshoot high throughput assays using automation technologies
• Lead new technology evaluations and troubleshooting activities for established test methods used in development and release testing
• Proactively engages equipment vendors to identify new technology and independently assesses the appropriateness of such technology for use in QC
• Provide analytical support in troubleshooting process and formulation problems
• Supervises, trains and educates group members and act as a mentor within the laboratory, including distributing work load and monitoring progress
• Liaise multiple departments internally and externally in support of Process Science Development and Global Manufacturing demands, including presenting findings and work at department-wide meetings
• Ensure that safety standards are maintained
This job might be for you if:
• Have experience with electrophoresis, chromatography and bioassays, etc.
• You enjoy leading and motivating a team and are interested in continuous improvement of analytical methods
• Excel at building and navigating cross functional relationships with the ability to influence in a positive manner
• You thrive in a fast-paced setting where your priorities can quickly change based on the needs of the business and our patients
• You handle issues appropriately and with a sense of urgency
• Continuously drive to improve processes for improved performance.
To be considered for the Analytical Scientist- Chemistry Development you must be willing and able to work 1st shift, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. You must have the following; PhD in Life Sciences or related field with 0-2 years of relevant experience. Experience in the biotechnology industry is strongly preferred. Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.