Under direction of the Supervisor for Software Engineering or Department Leadership, serves as a Programmer Analyst on project teams that provide information technology services for departmental, research, financial, quality and safety tasks and projects. Gather requirements from users, design, develop and implements software-based applications and systems. Modifies and supports systems and applications. Work as professional and technical mentor to junior team members.
- Serves as Programmer Analyst on project teams that provide information technology services for departmental, research and clinical engineering tasks, projects information systems and networks. Under the direction of the Supervisor for Software Engineering and/or Department Sr. Leadership, analyze, design, develop, tests, installs, documents and maintains device, system and network hardware and software. Develops software-based systems for devices, networks, handheld devices (Mobile).
- Work closely with end-users to define business needs and to develop appropriate solutions, and provide feedback.
- Participate in on-going support, system enhancements and learning about the project lifecycle tools and activities including-
- Definition of project scope and objectives
- Management and status reporting tools
- Feasibility and cost benefit studies
- Requirements definition (functional and/or technical)
- System testing with creating test cases/unit testing/quality assurance
- Post-implementation/on-going support
- Technical Documentation
- Work under minimal supervision to modify and support software-based devices, systems and networks.
- Evaluate handheld devices suitable for the department and develop custom solutions for handheld devices. Assesses latest technologies in the market for adoption
- Specifies and orders necessary hardware and software to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Assist on developing project plans and timelines to meet project goals
- Performs other functions assigned by Department leadership.
- Work closely with our software engineers, Billing Office and Bio-Medical Engineers.
- Manage dependencies to ensure risks are mitigated and issues are communicated.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of physicians and staff.
BS CS or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Ability to analyze requirements and develop and maintain software.
Educational background in or development experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Programming languages, particularly C#, VB, VB.Net, JAVA
- Database management systems, particularly MS SQL Server 2012 or later. TSQL knowledge
- SQL Server Reporting Service and integration services is a plus
- Office applications and development environment, particularly Microsoft Office and VBA
- Local area networks
- Operating systems, particularly Windows. Knowledge of Unix/Linux is a plus.
- Development and Programming Web Services using WCF, REST
- Other software programs MS Project, Visio, Microsoft Teams, Team Foundation Server(TFS), Azure DevOps.
- Programming knowledge of handheld devices is a plus
Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required to communicate with clients and work within a team. Excellent Analytical skillsEEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.