Torrent Technologies is seeking candidates with the ability to obtain public trust security clearance for the following position based in the Kalispell, Montana office, the Overland Park, Kansas office or the possibility of remote work.
Applications Developer IV - Torrent Technologies
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- You will be responsible for developing complex custom solutions to support and enhance Marsh insurance solution software.
- You will implement business logic from regularly changing business requirements using an Agile software development methodology.
We will count on you to:
- Opportunity to work with a great team
- Competitive Benefits
- Career Development Opportunities
- Open to Remote Work
• Contribute to complex application development using Microsoft software technologies
• Actively participate in technical design and review
• Write complex software according to requirements defined by the Product Owner
• Create unit test cases and participate with system testing as needed
• Integrate technical solutions into an existing web application
• Work closely with Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure code quality
• Work with technical staff to understand software issues and develop solutions to resolve the
• Resolve customer issues and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
• Manage the Agile sprint development process, using daily scrum tactics and short delivery cycles
• Perform under minimal supervision and peer accountability on complex assignments
• Innovate design and development solutions to various and shifting requirements defined by external entities
• Accurately estimate work efforts and requirements
• Create and maintain design documents as a part of the software delivery lifecycle process
• Enforce coding standards and participates in peer code reviews
• Willingness to learn new technologiesWhat you need to have:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent is desired.
• 5-7 years related experience.
• Must understand the Agile software development methodology or can be trained in this methodology.
• Must be able to perform at various levels of n-tier architecture using object-oriented concepts
• Perform system analysis and debugging
- Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services
- Lambda - Serverless and Applications
- Cloud Formation
- Microsoft Technology Stack
- Full Stack proficiency: UI to Data Layer
- Web Technologies: Vue3 Reactive Framework, TypeScript, Node.JS
We are Torrent Technologies founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top-tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is a company of Marsh Inc. and is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions including real-time, paperless claims handling, and web-based pricing tools. Torrent's continued growth and success are attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data-driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
This job has expired.