Job ID: 283639
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Area EHS&S Manager will be responsible for the occupational health, safety and environmental management of our plant facilities based in Mid-Atlantic Region (PA, NJ, MD, VA), in alignment with the Oldcastle Infrastructure National Platform for Environmental, Health and Safety management. This position will work closely with all levels of management and hourly employees to ensure environmental, safety, and health work standards and methodologies are communicated, and targeted goals are achieved through individual as well as team-based objectives and strategies.
The Area EHS&S Manager will provide a consistent presence within the facilities they oversee and is expected to identify areas of improvement as well as present solutions to the operational teams which provide sustainable value for the growth of the EHS system. This person will also serve as a catalyst and expert resource to promote and develop an innovative and proactive safety culture within each organization. Specific duties include:
- Providing expertise for local management regarding environmental, safety, and health issues and applicable regulations
- Advising and assisting local management in implementing, managing and auditing within the framework of an innovative Health and Safety Management System in a manufacturing and construction setting
- Being an active figure in shifting our safety culture from rules and regulatory compliance to a safety culture developed as a behavior driven value at all levels of the organization
- Providing oversight expertise for incident investigations, development of corrective plans and follow-up actions to prevent recurrence
- Ensuring timely reporting and claims management for workers compensation, general liability and automotive liability
- Coordinating health and industrial hygiene monitoring with risk management insurance provider
- Working to develop and standardize work processes, standards, and equipment throughout the area
- Influencing management decisions to positively affect the outcome of safety and business in the area
- Communicating frequently and consistently with the Area operational leadership and the Regional EHS Director on areas of concern and performance metrics
- Working closely with regional leadership to develop programs and plans as required
- Assisting individual facilities with completion of goals and objectives as well as training verification
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Federal Environmental Regulations
- 3+ years of experience EHS
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- High level of computer proficiency in MS Office products
- Expert knowledge of OSHA CFR 1910 and CFR 1926 regulations
- Strong analytical and technical skills
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Nationally recognized Safety and Health Certifications preferred (ASP, CSP, CIH)
- Nationally recognized Environmental certification(s)
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Baltimore Job Segment:
Developer, Chemical Engineer, Manager, Workers Compensation, Industrial Hygiene, Technology, Engineering, Management, Human Resources
This job has expired.