At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what's right - and working together to make it all happen for our patients - is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Armed Safety & Security
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com! About the job:
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the Safety & Security Officer is to
provide protective services to all persons and property across the Mount Carmel Health
System.What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Exhibits each of the Mount Carmel Service Excellence Behavior Standards holding self and others accountable and role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system
- Education: High school graduate or GED required.
- Licensure / Certification: Receipt of Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy certificate of completion prior to being assigned a shift as an Armed Safety and Security Officer for Mount Carmel
- Experience: Three to five years experience in security, law enforcement or military disciplines or equivalent training which might include criminal justice, homeland security, or law enforcement academy is preferred.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record maintained
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.