Assistant/Associate Director of Editorial Content
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Click here to learn more about our commitment to Service Excellence at Rollins College.
Benefits & Perks to a Rollins College Career:
- Work-life balance is valued and celebrated at Rollins. Working with the Office of Marketing is a family-friendly environment offering a hybrid work schedule, and two (2) days work from home flexibility each week.
- 25 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 10 Days - Paid Holidays
- 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Free Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events, and more)
- Free Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards, and more)
- Free E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
Rollins offers a competitive salary. Click here
to review our full benefits package. Job
The Assistant/Associate Director of Editorial Content reports to the Director of Editorial Content and is a key member of Rollins College's Office of Marketing. This position assists with the development and execution of editorial content strategy, publication management, and content development across the College's multiple communication channels.
- Work closely with the Director of Editorial Content to develop and execute an editorial content strategy that engages key audiences and advances the college's mission and goals
- Serve as assistant editor on all admission and advancement publications, including Rollins magazine
- Execute day-to-day management of the College's news website and newsletter
- Assist with the management of editorial content projects, including but not limited to print publications, websites, email marketing, and content marketing
- Develop written content across all communication channels
- Assist with the development and management of college messaging and editorial standards
- Help manage the efforts of freelance writers, copy editors, photographers, and videographers
- Provide editorial support to campus partners
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience writing and editing for print or online publication, with a portfolio of relevant work
- Previous experience assisting with the development and execution of editorial content plans
- Previous experience managing the production of print and online publications
- Previous experience planning and executing photo and video shoots
- Previous experience with content management systems, email marketing, social media platforms, and content marketing tools
- Possess broad writing skills and experience, including news writing, feature writing, and copywriting.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Thorough knowledge of AP style
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and accurate
Instructions to Applicants:
- Orlando campus-based position, in an office/field environment, with the ability to flex and work from home.
- Work requires visual strain and the use of a computer.
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- PDF Portfolio of your Content Work
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. About the Office of Marketing:
The Rollins College's Office of Marketing is dedicated to advancing the College's brand, mission, and vision through marketing and branding initiatives that build increasing strength in our admissions markets and generosity from our philanthropic supporters, with the goal of strengthening revenue and thus ensuring the college's mission and prosperity.
Please click here
to learn more about our marketing office! Diversity & Inclusion at Rollins:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click here
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities. FLSA Status:
Exempt Service Months:
12To apply, visit https://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/493495/assistantassociate-director-of-editorial-content
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.