If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Anatomic Pathology Division
- Must be an M.D or D.O. who is Board Certified or Board eligible in Anatomic Pathology, or Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, and in the subspecialty of practice, if applicable.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge in general Surgical Pathology, and in the subspecialty of practice, including intraoperative evaluations.
- Ability to enhance communication and relations in a diverse professional work force.
- Experience with methods, tools and measurements for quality improvement to improve work processes using a team-based model.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards of JCAHO, CAP and CLIA.
- Ability to work independently and make reliable recommendations and diagnoses as definitive in the care and treatment of patients.
- Knowledge of all hospital and service procedures and policies regarding hazardous material management, biohazard exposure and the use of universal precaution.
Job Responsibilities (Include But Not Limited To):
- Patient care services, for patients at UMH (University of Miami Hospital), JMH (Jackson Memorial Hospital) and satellites and SCCC (Sylvester Cancer Comprehensive Center) and satellites. Patient care service responsibilities will be focused on the assigned specialty or specialties
- Gross description, taking photographs of the specimens when indicated, tissue sampling, microscopic examinations of surgical specimens, ordering of appropriate ancillary testing, reporting of findings, and verifying coding diagnosis in the computer, in a timely manner(when applicable).
- Performing Frozen Section diagnoses in a timely manner (when applicable).
- Performing and reporting autopsies in a timely manner (when applicable).
- 24 hours call coverage according to assigned division/s (when applicable).
- Service productivity will be assigned according to the departmental compensation plan, previously approved by UHealth Compensation Committee.
- Participate and contribute to multidisciplinary tumor boards and site disease group meetings
- Participate in educational activities of pathology residents and fellows.
- Participate in educational activities of medical students.
- Participate in collaborative research opportunity to purse basic/clinical or applied research, collaborate with other investigators throughout the Medical Center and seek sponsored programs funding from grants and contracts.
- Participate in daily quality assurance and in the Department of Pathology hospital committees and working groups.
- Maintain high standards of professional services so that the Department of Pathology will maintain the JCAHO/CAP/CLIA accreditation.
- Maintain accurate medical records and comply with HIPPA regulations.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings, conferences, and events.
The work is mainly performed in a hospital environment and high level of citizenship and professionalism is expected.
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.