American Welding & Gas, Inc., one of the largest independent full-service suppliers of industrial, medical, beverage, and specialty gases, propane, and safety and welding supplies, has a new and exciting career opportunity for anASSISTANT DISTRIBUTION MANAGERat our gas cylinder production/distribution facility in Lexington, KY!
This position will assist the Distribution Manager in the day-to-day distribution of products to customers and other AWG branches, the safety of AWG teammates and facilities, and overseeing the training and development of new material handlers and CDL drivers.
AWG offers a comprehensive incentive package including a competitive pay structure, medical, dental and vision benefits with no waiting period, company paid term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid holidays, time off, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and meet regularly with teammates to reinforce a safe working environment
- Assist the Distribution Manager in managing the distribution of gas cylinder products and hardgoods including the order preparation for cylinder gases
- Assist in ensuring that all Drivers and Material Handlers are trained on Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure all work is performed safely and accurately
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of customer and inner branch deliveries
- Assist in monitoring DOT Regulated activity to include hours of service, vehicle permitting/paperwork and vehicle maintenance
- Review and process daily logs and other paperwork for accuracy
- Assist in the reconciliation of assets to ensure all assets are properly tracked and accounted for including electronic tracking of cylinder gases (ACM)
- Timely processing of incoming and outgoing invoices
- Complete daily paperwork related to distribution activities in a timely and effective manner
- Complete all required training when assigned
- Act as a backup CDL Delivery Driver when required to cover staff shortages or other issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Class A or Class B CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements (or the ability to obtain one)
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience and/or training
- Gas distribution experience in the industry or related distribution experience
- Experience with product dispatch and distribution including experience working with commercially licensed drivers and equipment
- Experience with hazardous materials a plus
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift 75+ pounds on a frequent basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic math and read and write English
- Proven ability to work effectively under deadlines with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Conflict resolution
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
- Computer skills
Accountability, discretion, adaptability, assertiveness, decision making skills, time management and leadershipAmerican Welding & Gas, Inc.
is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with 80 branch locations, 20 gas fill plants in 20 states, stretching from Montana to Florida. As one of the largest independent gas and welding supply distributors, AWG has the expertise, assets, and sources of supply necessary to service large, bulk cryogenic gas customers as well as small one-man businesses.American Welding & Gas, Inc. is growing and looking for top talent to move us forward
To learn more, visit our website atwww.awggases.com American Welding & Gas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.