Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Lead Material Manager - SING
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Manage Planned Maintenance availabilities through various functions of purchasing, monitoring, receiving, inspection, segregation, storing, issuing, and disposition of planned maintenance materials. The AMM should have knowledge of Class wide Naval ILS procedures pertaining to identify requirements, requisitioning receipt control, storage, inventory, accountability, distribution, and transportation outlined in pertinent Navy, and other DOD directives. The LMM should have comprehensive knowledge of Navy Supply System applications including One-Touch, MILSTRIP requisitions, IHS (Haystack), Hazardous Material Information System (HMIS), and DLA (DRMO). Should have experience and knowledge with duties and responsibilities of hazardous material custodian, hazardous material storage, use and disposal of hazardous waste. This position has responsibility for the team's performance including 100% on-time delivery and 100% delivered quality performance of the supply chain.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for material planning, receipt, storage, kitting, and delivery of material related to planned maintenance activities in Singapore and region as directed by planning yard.
- Report inventory levels and usage to Navy and program management routinely to comply with contract requirements.
- Schedule transportation of materials to support maintenance availabilities in Singapore and throughout the region.
- Travel and work in locations outside the Singapore area throughout durations of availabilities.
- Maintain inventory accuracy of material to MMAS standard minimum.
- Perform and record weekly cycle counts of tools and inventory
- Track and manage tools and special equipment required to perform planned maintenance availabilities.
- Perform inventory transactions in IFS EPR system to maintain receipts, movement of inventory within warehouse, and issue material to pick tickets.
- Ensure proper storage, use, disposal, and documentation of all hazardous materials used and created through performance of contract.
- Ensure timely issue resolution for program requirements.
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen/US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder)
- High school diploma/GED.
- Five (5) years of experience in logistics, material, or warehouse environment preferably in a marine/maritime industry
- Microsoft Office suite with advanced skills in Excel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Preferred qualifications:
- US Navy or Merchant Marine vocational training preferred
- Familiar with management and execution of planned maintenance activities
All candidates must meet Austal USA's basic employment eligibility guidelines:
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
- No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Navy Supply System
- MILSTRIP requisitions
- HIS (Haystack)
- Hazardous Material Information System (MHIS)
- DLA (DRMO)
Lead Material Manager, Program Management, Navy Program Management, freight carriers, 3PL providers, and contract support suppliers. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.SAFETY:
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
This job has expired.