Assistant Purchasing Specialist
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides supercomputing and advanced digital resources for the nation's scientific enterprise. At NCSA, University of Illinois faculty, staff, students, and collaborators from around the globe use advanced digital resources to address and research grand challenges for the benefit of science and society. NCSA has been advancing one third of Fortune 50 companies for more than 30 years by bringing industry, researchers and students together to solve grand challenges at rapid speed and scale.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
NCSA is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to apply.
NCSA is currently seeking an Assistant Purchasing Specialist to work in the NCSA's Business Office as a member of its Finance team, under the general supervision of the Finance Coordinator. In this role you will perform a variety of clerical duties related to record management and procurement, which requires a range of office skills, as well as sound judgment and independent initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Assistant Purchasing Specialist:
QUALIFICATIONS of the Assistant Purchasing SpecialistRequired Education and Experience:Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a field related to position.
Two (2) years of professional-level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, including one year at an administrative level.SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services by reviewing the Request to Purchase (RTP) tool. The incumbent will make purchases utilizing iBuy, Banner Requisition, or Pcard, and will contact vendors to obtain updated quotes and work on any outstanding issues.
- Review and approve all transactions in the TEM system and record them in NCSA's electronic files. This entails monitoring and managing the TEM ques for submitted ER's daily, reviewing the ER's for accuracy, and approve when all requirements are met. If necessary, consult with the appropriate staff members to ensure their completion.
- Oversee and assist the transaction reconciliation of the monthly statements (approximately 200 Funds). The incumbent must assure accuracy, completeness and compliance, meeting the standards set by University policies and procedures. This entails reviewing the student workers initial reconciliation process for completion. Review each monthly transaction, research transactions, pull necessary backup documentation, and consult with accountants regarding discrepancies.
- Train student employees on monthly reconciliation process.
- Occasionally train full-time personnel on general business office functions.
- Provide backup for Purchasing Specialist, managing the entire RTP process.
- Provide backup to the Account Tech I.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This is a full-time Civil Service Business/Administrative Associate professional-class position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
Applications must be received by May 11, 2021
. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents: cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credential for for all degrees attained, Bachelor's degree and higher (unofficial transcripts or copy of diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position please contact Bryan Fijalkovich email@example.com or for questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Assistant Purchasing Specialist - National Center for Supercomputing Applications (144447)