How do you manufacture the world's cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what's possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they're making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
Relocation will be offered with this position.
Hybrid schedule available.
Purpose and Scope
Function as the Company Representative in labor matters to support the Basic Labor Agreement. Also, responsible for implementation of all efforts relating to all hourly staffing and hiring within the Bargaining Unit per Collective Bargaining Agreements and Company policy and procedure. Function as decision support point of contact for activities requiring workforce analysis and/or other data driven activities. Working closely with the Manager- Labor Relations and Operating Leadership. Support of Manager- Labor Relations will include, but not be limited to, assisting in investigations related to the Canton bargaining unit as needed, assisting in responding to Requests for Information from the Union, supporting in preparation for arbitrations and negotiations, assisting in advisement of disciplinary issues, and participating with the implementation of the labor system improvements.
- Represent the company in labor grievances
- Implement and perform hourly transfer, post and bid, retrogressions, and recalls from LOR for all Canton Steel areas/departments in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements and Company policy and procedure.
- Lead and conduct all hiring efforts (production and trade & craft) for the Bargaining Unit including testing, screening, interviewing, analysis, background research, extending offers, and onboarding.
- Assist in the reorganization or implementation of new organizational structures occurring within the hourly ranks (e.g. contractual changes, new occupations, etc.).
- Assist Manager- Labor Relations in providing support to manufacturing management with discipline and other policy and contractual issues related to hourly staffing, apprentice program, and other personnel matters; includes interaction with labor union administration concerning hourly personnel issues and application of Company policy and procedure.
- Interact as necessary with manufacturing management concerning hourly staffing and other personnel issues; includes application of Company policy and procedure and considerations concerning the impact of the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Participate in investigations concerning hourly employment-related issues (e.g., EEO, HelpLine, etc.).
- Assist Manager of Labor Relations in preparation for arbitration.
- Assist in preparation and participate in Contract Negotiations.
- Assist with research concerning and formulation of Company's position on a wide variety of issues, to include, wages, pension benefits, healthcare, and working conditions.
- Assist Manager- Labor Relations and Superintendent in responding to Union's Requests for information.
- Assist with Company's efforts in organizational campaigns at other Company facilities.
- Participate in CI/Lean initiatives in Labor Relations Department.
Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, LR, law or related with a minimum of 4 years of experience in HR and/or LR.
Master's degree in HR or Labor Relations with a minimum of 3 years of experience in HR and/or LR. Preferred Qualifications
JD Labor and Employment Law with 2 years of experience in HR and/or LR.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. #CB Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.