Under the direction of the Accounting Operations Manager, this position manages the day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger activities and accounts payable activities. Completes staff evaluations and supports development, including job training and outside formal training to ensure there is a firm understanding of the technical knowledge required.
This position will need to make accounting and operational decisions with regards to day-to-day general ledger and accounts payable functions under the direction of the Accounting Operations Manager. Problem solving skills and experience must be drawn upon as unforeseen issues and events arise.
- Oversee general ledger staff and accounts payable staff
- Making employment decisions, reviewing performance, and making salary recommendations
- Assigning work, providing training, guidance, and advice to subordinates when necessary
- Resolving personnel problems, including disciplinary action and termination
- Review and approve journal entries, invoice batches, ACH payment batches, and other work prepared by accounting operations staff
- Post journal entries upon review of completeness by comparing detailed journal entry listing to the Oracle posting screen
- Tie in General Ledger account combinations, using discernment to know when a combination should not be valid
- Develop useful metrics to monitor department activities and volumes
- Coordinate the monthly close of the Accounts Payable and General Ledger systems
- Perform and supervise month-end and year-end accruals
- Assist with month-end closing procedures
- Record and accrete dealer flat fees
- Updating and Maintaining of Chart of Accounts.
- True up of certain accruals including:
- Janitorial Services
- Electrical Services
- NYCE Interchange Fee Income
- Off-BS credit exposure reserve
- Work with VP, Accounting Operations Manager to coordinate testing and implementation of system enhancements and upgrades
- Maintain policies, procedures and standards for the group that ensure a strong control environment and periodically test the controls to ensure adherence
- Ensure department compliance with applicable tax laws including, but not limited to, Use tax, 1099-MISC and 1042 reporting. Coordinate periodic reporting and filing
- Assist auditors with General Ledger and Accounts Payable inquiries