The Associate Director, Corporate Counsel serves as legal counsel and is a business partner for Regeneron's manufacturing division (IOPS - Industrial Operations and Product Supply),providing legal support to the business operations in this complex organization. We are looking for someone who can effectively partner with Law Department colleagues and other functions at Regeneron, providing compliance-focused and business-savvy legal advice on contracts and myriad operational matters.
As Associate Director, Corporate Counsel, a typical day might include the following:
• Providing advice and counseling to IOPS business operations on legal issues related to manufacturing, supply, distribution, and other related areas;
• Guiding internal clients through entire contract life cycle, including determination of internal form vs. vendor paper, coordination with procurement and business clients, negotiating with vendors, etc.
• Identifying legal and business issues in contracts for resolution through negotiating, drafting and internal client discussions
• Working as an on-site corporate contract specialist for the Rensselaer sites, handling legal matters as they arise
• Collaborating regularly with colleagues in the Regeneron Law Dept, IOPS Law group (including Rensselaer and Raheen, Ireland), business partners and procurement professionals
• Promoting and practicing ethical business behaviors
This role might be for you if:
• You have proven contract drafting skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring agility and emotional intelligence; some experience in real estate and regulatory law helpful but not required
• You have exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills
• You can work efficiently with others cross-functionally, within the Law Department, and across business units
To be considered for this role, you must have a BA/BS, JD with excellent law school credentials, license to practice law in New York or eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel. We need someone with at least 4 years of legal experience as well as some pharmaceutical and/or biotech work, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Law firm experience is strongly preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.