The Automation Engineer performs engineering design and installation services for automated process equipment, serialization and other automated packaging systems, facility systems and software systems. The incumbent performs troubleshooting and corrective maintenance on all facility and production equipment at all Amityville facilities. Primary responsibility is for maintaining automated electromechanical systems and software. This includes project support related to facility modifications, equipment installations, and maintenance activities. Typical project work involves developing specification for equipment and systems and coordinating implementation activities to place the systems into service. Needs to work closely with Operations, Quality Assurance, and Validation to ensure systems and procedures maintain compliance.
- Routinely maintains, troubleshoots and develops application solutions for automated electromechanical systems and software.
- Work closely with IT Department on essential networking, backup and archiving of the automated systems.
- Experience in a senior level position with planning, scheduling and organizing project activities.
- Performs corrective maintenance on facility and production equipment that includes, but is not limited to PLCs, vision systems, SCADA system development, automated packaging equipment, and high purity utility systems.
- Experience and understanding of validation testing execution and FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ preferred.
- The incumbent may be required to work any shift and may be required to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The incumbent may be required to carry and respond to a cell phone, pager or radio.
- Work with all departments to support the manufacturing operations and to improve methods for automated data collection and reporting, and overall reliability and performance of equipment and systems. This includes existing systems and new installation projects. Keep an open line of communication across departments and managerial lines.
- Familiarity and ability to use software systems for Work Orders and Calibration. Ability to identify the appropriate materials and parts to maintain and repair equipment and order the parts using automated methods.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external personnel providing timely information to avoid production delays. This includes timely, accurate, and neat completion of documentation, such as work orders and reports that meet GMP requirements.
- Adheres to all applicable procedures, cGMP’s, company policies, and all other quality or regulatory requirements (OSHA, DEA, FDA, etc.). Ensures all work is performed in a safe, effective manner, and in compliance with the appropriate industry and regulatory (FDA, DEA, OSHA) standards, and Departmental, Plant, and Corporate quality and Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) goals.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in the field of Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering, or combination of a related degree with work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with industrial/process controls, PLCs, software editing and developing.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley and Siemens required.
- Experience with Industrial PC preferred.
- Experience and understanding of validation testing execution and FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ preferred. Experience in a project engineer/management role with planning, scheduling and organizing responsibilities preferred.
- Able to use personal computer and standard office equipment such as fax and copy machines, calculator, and printers. Aptitude to learn computer programs as needed.
- Read schematics, sensor plans, and ladder logic.
- Use of Oscilloscopes and Multimeters.
- Ability to test and solder components.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.EEO Statement
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.