WHO WE ARE
AVI-SPL is a digital enablement solutions provider who transforms how people and technology connect to elevateexperiences,create new value, and enableorganizations to thrive and grow. We are the largest provider of collaboration technology solutions, which include our award-winning managed services.
Our highly certified industry experts and innovation leaders share a vision to help people work smarter and live better. We believe that success starts with a sound team and that an inclusive and diverse workplace moves us all forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Installation Technician 3 will perform installation tasks for AVI-SPL contracted projects including but not limited to: cable pulls, cable terminations, system equipment and components, rack fabrication and wiring layout for equipment and metal fabrication. The Installation Technician 3 will be expected to lead and direct installation crews on larger, more complex projects by coordinating and reporting progress to Project Manager ensuring projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety and customer satisfaction requirements.
Items to Consider:
- Perform installation tasks as noted in job summary based on project scope and directives
- Demonstrate job site leadership, mentor Level 1 and Level 2 Technicians on site and verify all quality of work
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other AV system related tasks
- Test point to point cabling, functionality of systems, code for control and DSP systems - field load as necessary
- Support an Engineer or Programmer with minor programming changes
- Track, manage and secure all associated equipment and tools on jobsite
- Work with office staff to initiate return material authorizations as needed
- Support the Project Manager with site supervision of install team, communication of daily job site status, and completion of required job documentation as needed
- Act as customer liaison on site per project scope and directives - direct on-site change requests to Project Manager for confirmation and final direction
- Communicate and coordinate with other trades on site
- Perform client training as needed
- Travel to various job sites required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORMust-Haves:
- AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
- This position will generally work on customer sites and may deal with a construction site type of work environment.
- Effectively communicate with employees, customers and colleagues
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of complex wiring configurations and/or signal flow for audio, video, control, network
- Ability to lead site teams on medium to large, more complex projects
- Minor control system programming changes and troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge and use of specific test equipment for required applications
- Knowledge and application of industry installation safety codes and standards including
- External Training:
- Valid and current AVIXA CTS General Certification required
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL Driving Privileges standards
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years in audiovisual, electronics or related industry installation experience required
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Formal education in Audio Visual, Electronics or related field preferred
- CDL preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- External Training:
- Industry specific and manufacturer training / certifications to meet AVI-SPL skill/ability requirements
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
- Confirmed Project Site Lead Role experience
- Ability to obtain formal approved clearances (Government or system specific) may be required
MORE ABOUT US
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Enjoyable and dynamic company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected Employer VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This job has expired.