ECS is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work in our Silver Spring MD office.
Candidate will support various requirements associated with the research, development, specification, oversight, testing acceptance, and/or maintenance of Machinery Control Systems (MCS), electrical systems and/or electronic systems onboard NOAA and Navy vessels. Help to develop electrical and electronic requirements shipwide. Provide support will help to ensure effective development, integration and operation of the MCS to all associated systems (Aux, Propulsion, Electric, Damage Control, etc).
Some specific MCS activities include: generate/review/maintain specifications; review vendor submitted CDRLs and other vendor documentation; research and assess MCS hardware, software, architecture, design, and testing configurations and methods; configuration control; participate in factory acceptance, testing, acceptance and warrant; as well as participation in meetings/design reviews with various stakeholders.
- BS EE required, MS EE or MBA preferred
- Strong technical and specification writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented and well organized
- Ability to work remotely/independently with minimal supervision
- 10-20 years' experience/knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in various machinery controls and automation systems for the US Navy, other Federal and/or commercial systems.
- Experience should also include strategic planning, requirements analysis, concept design and development, feasibility studies, test and evaluation, systems integration, program implementation, and construction of shipboard electrical/electronic projects. Proficient in relevant software tool sets.
- Experience with NOAA ships and systems is highly desired.
- Experience with CMMI Level 3 software development requirements. Experience with VME and PLC based control methodologies.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Program Management Professional (PMP) certificate desired.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.