Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Global Clinical Programmes? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Clinical Programmes in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
What you'll do
As a Global Clinical Programme Lead, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. The Biopharmaceuticals Research & Development, Late-stage Development, Respiratory & Immunology (R&I) function drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them.
The Global Clinical Programme Lead is responsible for managing global or regional therapeutic or research projects or acting as an expert involved in the design, conduct, monitoring, data interpretation and reporting of individual clinical trials. You will ensure projects adhere to Good Clinical Practice and regulatory requirements. In this role you will be able to deputize for global clinical head (GCH) and independently lead development activities for an indication or subset of the clinical development plan. You will be responsible for overseeing development of the functional strategy or acting as a renowned expert in own field.
Essential for the role
- Defines strategies or leads AstraZeneca's response to complex technical issues for specific medical aspects in relation to current projects, new projects and broader therapeutic area strategy
- Provides expert advice in the therapeutic area, influencing the development according to the global business and Global Clinical Development plan
- Closely follows medical developments within assigned areas and disseminates new information within Clinical Development to transform trends and emerging data into new plans
- Liaises with the internal and external medical community to follow developments within areas of expertise
- Contributes to or manages the development of the senior management team in area of expertise
- Leads regulatory communication and preparation of higher-level documents
- Supports the development of clinical documents in assigned project
Desirable for the role
- Physician with specialist training in Pulmonary medicine/ allergy/ immunology /internal medicine OR a scientist with a higher degree and significant clinical development experience in the above specialities.
- Minimum of 3 and ideally more than 5 years in Industry, with experience in leading clinical trials to support approval (Phase 2-4).
- Experience in leading a clinical program to support an indication, including overall design, clinical development plan and Target Product Profile.
- Experience in writing clinical aspects of briefing documents for regulatory interactions and played a critical role in writing sections of a submission dossier.
- Previous experience in working cross functionally including leading cross functional study teams
- General understanding of medical statistics, safety, regulatory requirements.
- PhD in scientific discipline
- Extensive general medical knowledge
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey. So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have a seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.