ECS is seeking a Database Administrator to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
The DBA will work across two agile scrum teams, one for SharePoint and one of Dynamics, to maintain the health of the environment and complete various customer ticket requests at the database level. This will include patching, monitoring, maintenance, customer requests and reports, and keeping up the health of the farm. The DBA will participate in various scrum and security meetings as well as be prepared to provide solutions and track work.
- Manage Availability Groups (i.e. Add/Remove db's, ensure primary/secondary are synced)
- Backup/Restore databases between SQL Clusters
- Monitor Backup jobs and restart if necessary
- Optimize SQL cluster performance and DBs
- Monitor DB/Log Disk Space and Ensure DB Auto-Growth Settings are Optimized
- Create New SQL Cluster Nodes and Manage them in related Availability Groups
- Be familiar with optimizing SQL Server for a SharePoint environment
- Be familiar with automation concepts as it related to SQL Server and Database Management in Azure
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- 5+ years with SQL and Oracle (in labor category) (certs)
- 5+ years with Azure
- 5+ years with SharePoint
- 5+ years with Dynamics
- Azure certified
- Power Apps
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.