Billing Analyst - Primary Care Office - Albany, NY - FT
If you are looking for a Billing Analyst position in Albany, Full time, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places. This position is located at 5 Palisades Dr
What you will do:
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday
The Billing Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties related to the efficient and service oriented operation of a medical practice. The Billing Analyst will perform all job functions in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the mission and core values of St Peter's Health Partners Medical Associates.Responsibilities:
- Responsible to monitor and resolve Claims Work queues; Specifically, Front End, Referrals & Authorizations, and Clinical Workflow.
- Responsible for monitoring the Trinity Health Front End Metrics and working with Practice Management to identify educational opportunities as necessary.
- Responsible for review of denial/ rejections and write off dashboards for trends and provide necessary education to Providers/ front end users.
- Ensure all necessary referral documentation is obtained and documented to secure appropriate revenue.
- Responsible for running monthly reports to identify any outbound referrals and communicate back to Manager for any improvement opportunities
- Ensures all billable services are processed within the EMR in a timely manner.
- Ensures all billed services are submitted to insurances as "Clean Claims"
- Works within the working queue to review all charges and submit to claims scrubber
- Work all claims scrubber edits in a timely basis
- Identify any problematic charges for further review to correct coding/billing issues
- Adhere to productivity/quality guidelines
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other departments within the organization
- Work with Revenue Cycle Manager to identify needed feedback to practice locations.
- Process inpatient charges submitted by providers via interface tool or manual sheets
- Manually enter charges as assigned and complete charge reconciliation daily.
- Report any outstanding claims to contact to ensure all claims are billed timely
- Review each claim for appropriate information.
- Identify and review high dollar outstanding balances and ensure Financial Assistance options are offered to patients and/ or secured by Front End users.
- Provide necessary feedback from operational departments to Revenue Integrity team as appropriate
- Act as a Superuser for the site and act as a resource, to ensure patient questions are answered.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations as appropriate.
- Daily TOS reconciliation with front end
- Work cooperatively with all team members to ensure quality service at all times.
- Perform mandatory in-service training. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Adhere to the St Peter's Health Partner's Medical Associates Code of Conduct in performance of all job duties.
What you will need:
- May be responsible for multiple Providers or Departments.
- Travel will be required as assigned by operational leader.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- High school diploma or equivalency required; Associates degree preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years' experience in a physician practice or billing office
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organization & effective time management
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Knowledge of CPC
- Knowledge of CPT, CPTII, and ICD10
- Knowledge of insurance carriers
- Solid judgment to escalate issues appropriately
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, related computer programs & general office machines
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.