GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
GPI is seeking highly qualified Bridge Coatings Inspectors to work on various projects throughout the Eastern United States. Experience working on transportation agency or municipal projects is a major plus. Metalizing or shop inspection experience is also a plus. Work is anticipated to start in the Spring of 2021.
Experience reviewing contractor submittals, procedures, and hazardous waste plans is also a plus.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Responsible for inspecting, accepting, and/or rejecting work performed as detailed by specifications or applicable codes
- Prepare daily and weekly inspection reports on conditions, progress, weather, and acceptability of work
- Travel to multiple job sites if needed
- Some assignments may include night shifts
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Only NACE or SSPC Certified Coatings Inspectors will be considered. The individuals must have a minimum of a Level II Certification and at least 2 years of experience inspecting bridge coating operations
- Individuals with additional certifications including SSPC Bridge Coating Inspector (BCI), and SSPC C3 Supervisor, Competent Person Training for Deleading of Industrial Structures are preferred
This job has expired.
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use on or around a job site
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20'
- Able to wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus, and work at a height 6' or higher
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles, and/or masks while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds