Building Inspector III - Code Services
GBA is looking for a Building Inspector to join our Code Services team. Using electronic workflows, our team members provide thorough permitting, plan review, and inspection services to clients, as well as assist with building departmental policies and procedures related to code enforcement. GBA's Code Services team is dedicated to providing high quality services with a focus on health and safety in the built environment.
GBA offers the opportunity to work on a large variety of projects, in a collaborative team environment, with room for career growth and development and opportunities to interface with and work alongside in-house architects, engineers, contractors, commissioning specialists, and project managers.
- Perform commercial building, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and fire protection inspections as described in ICC Codes and NFPA standards at various stages of construction for commercial projects.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of the adopted codes.
- Issue clear and concise inspection reports documenting the results of all inspections and deliver in a timely manner.
- Review construction documents and deferred submittals in preparation for inspections.
- Enforce strict compliance with the applicable codes and communicate clearly with designers and contractors regarding code deficiencies and inspection status.
- Review of Special Inspection reports for compliance with IBC Chapter 17.
- Train, coach, and mentor less experienced staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing commercial code inspections.
- ICC Certification C5 or
- (3) ICC commercial inspection certifications and obtain C5 within first year of employment.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the construction field which may include training in building trades or related fields (training may include degree in construction management, architectural engineering, or architecture).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Located in or willing to commute to Columbia, Missouri. (Vast majority of inspections will be in Columbia and surrounding area. Potential intermittent inspections in other parts of Missouri.)
- Possession of a valid driver's license
- Maintaining a physical condition able to perform the duties of an on-site inspection.
- Proficiency with electronic methods for reviewing plans and documenting inspections including the use of Bluebeam, PlanGrid, and eBuilder on tablets and laptops.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Feel overqualified? Feel underqualified? Apply anyway if this sounds like the fit you are looking for! We have flexibility in how we hire the role.It's More Than Just A Job...
At GBA, we are innovative people who want to solve problems. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life through our diversified services.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We've created an environment where we celebrate our team's eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you'll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.
This job has expired.