Trinity Health at Saint Mary's in Grand Rapids is looking for a Building Maintenance candidate for 4-day shift with the rest of the week off. This position will work every week: Thurs & Fri 2P - 10:30P and Sat and Sun 6P to 6A.
Independently performs preventative and corrective maintenance work within assigned areas of responsibility. Provides preventive and general maintenance services on hospital movable and fixed capital equipment in order to repair and prevent premature wear and malfunctioning.
Why Mercy Health?
- Unlimited career growth opportunities with one of the largest Catholic healthcare organizations in the country.
- All hours /3rd shift available and flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off and comprehensive benefit package that starts day one
- Benefits on day 1, no waiting period
- Retirement programs with employer match
- Student loan forgiveness services for staff and their family
- 18 Days of PTO your first year, 6 paid Holidays
- 25% discount with Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T
- Please visit http://mybenefits.trinity-health.org/advantage-health-grand-rapids to see the full list of perks and benefits we offer our colleagues.
What you will need
- Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred:Associate's Degree in a mechanical or related field
- Preferred:Health Care Mechanic Certification or Current Mechanical Contractor's License
- Minimum: One year work experience in a mechanical related field (automotive, machine shop, etc...)
- Preferred:Three or more years work experience in a mechanical related field, hospital experience preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum: Working knowledge of and ability to use basic hand tools and the test equipment specific to the field. Ability to follow written instructions, perform tasks and document actions taken.
- Preferred: Successful completion of two-year level Health Care Mechanics Certification preferred.
Shows how to use (through a competency assessment) a standard desktop and windows based computer system, including a basic understanding of email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.