How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Business Intelligence Analyst, Population Health position reports directly to the Manager, Population Health Analytics. Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Providing and presenting data analytics, visualizations and actionable insights to Wellstar and Wellstar Clinical Partners.
• Creating complex interactive visualizations, reports and dashboards to support business decisions using a range of technology tools.
• Collaborating with IT, EI and other organizational partners to ensure proper governance of the data and appropriate data structures for reporting are in place.
• Representing the Population Health Analytics team within the organization and lead efforts to support data needs from operations, strategy and senior leadership.
Impact of this role in the organization . . . . .
• Provide data and tools for leaders to drive performance resulting in improved health outcomes for our patients, decreased utilization of unnecessary and high-cost healthcare services and higher shared savings in value based care contracts.
Required Minimum Education:
BS/BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or similar technical degree, BS/BA in another field with significant work experience in data analytics and visualization or equivalent experience. Clinical educational background a plus as well.
Preferred Education: Masters degree
Required Minimum License: N/A
Preferred License: N/A
Required Minimum Certification: N/A
Preferred Certification: N/A
Required Minimum Experience:• 3+ years working directly with customers from requirements gathering, functional design, development, and delivery of interactive data visualization.
• 3+ years working with complex data sets in a relational database environment with tools such as SQL Server, MS Access, SAS, MS Excel, and other 3rd party visualization tools.
• Experience and familiarity working with healthcare specific data, concepts, and terminology.
• Experience in population health, EMR/HIT reporting and collating/aggregating data from disparate data sources.
Required Minimum Skills:
• Strong background in designing and building publication-ready interactive and self-guided data visualizations using diverse sets of structured and unstructured data.
• Strong aptitude toward understanding technology concepts and techniques and learning to use new data management and presentation toolsets.
• Familiarity with SQL or other common query language recommended.
• At least intermediate skills working with relational database structures and concepts.
• Familiarity with common statistically appropriate means of data and process analysis.
• Personal desire for continuous knowledge and skill growth and development.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy and a sense of personal accountability.
• Self-motivated and well organized with strong time management skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge of continuous quality improvement, performance improvement, lean six sigma and Agile principles.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 37 minutes ago
Golden Valley, Minnesota
Posted 31 minutes ago